Thursday, September 27, 2007

Creating Personal Learning Networks Part 2 form the Ficshbowl

Create Personal Learning Networks: Part 2” The Ficshbowl by Karl Ficsh.

This blog by Mr. Fisch is exactly what my English teacher is teaching us in our classroom. She is teaching us how to think critical about things that are happening in our world. That is the propose of our Personal Learning Networks. This article tells us, incoming freshman, why we are using these PLN’s.

This matters to me because it is what our main focus has been on in the classroom since we started doing PLN’s. I think PLN’s are important because they help us analyze things that are happening in our world. What is important is what the student pulls from the information, because what they gather for the text will determine what they stand for. Because what you stand for is what you will live for. These PLN’s also teach students how write about articles in a critical thinking format. Even though the PLN’s don’t make a student follow a writing rule, a student has to follow a small but hard question. Which will make a student write for a long time till they are satisfied that they got there point across. This affects the world that I relate to because I am analyzing something that is important to me and the more students that do this the more a student will get out of the classroom. I always thought that homework was a big waste of time but, now (even though I don’t like sometimes) I realize that I am building a life skill and that I will know where my beliefs lie and were I will stand. But I do wonder if other students are realizing the same thing I am or is it just me or is there a small group of kids who agree with me? Other students should care because finding where you stand is a big part of life. An example would be people who do drugs and you see them and if you know that you won’t do drugs then you won’t but, if you don’t know what you would do then there is a problem. That is why students should care. I think PLN’s are a great way to learn about the world we live in and how we can relate that world back to us and our school.

No comments: